The Campbell River and District Adult Care Society is currently seeking persons to fill the following positions:
JOB TITLE: CASUAL RELIEF - Bookkeeper/Office Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Nurse Administrator
Provide casual relief when required. Performs general duties related to one of more of the following areas: payroll, accounts receivable, billing, and/or accounts payable, such as entering and updating records, verifying information, grant applications, creating budgets, and record keeping.
TYPICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum 2 years experience with payroll (including checking employee timesheet calculations, ensuring that timesheets have appropriate signatures as required, identifies and resolves related discrepancies such as errors in timesheet calculations and identifying information and refers problem to supervisor)
- Experienced with Microsoft excel, accounts receivable, billing and/or account payables, Minimum 2 years experience with Sage Simply accounting, charitable reporting procedures, some experience with grant applications is an asset
- Maintains records, gathers and compiles information and documents such as data required for budget preparation, preparing and presenting budget justifications and presentations, advising supervisor on budgetary issues, exercising signing authority as required, interpreting government financial policies for organization staff and ensuring organization’s compliance with policy.
- Cash management duties such as receiving, recording, and issuing receipts for payments, balancing.
- Attention to details
- A fast learner, able to work under pressure, and many distractions
- Performs administrative support duties such as checking mail, filing, data entry, photocopying, and answering telephones, answering financial questions to accountants as required.
- Recent Criminal Record check
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Position requires approximately 20 hrs per week.
- This is a contracted position for a minimum of 1 year.
- Compensation and benefits depend on experience.
Please submit your resume in person to:
Pam Mann - Nurse Administrator
Campbell River & District Adult Care Society
12-142 Larwood Rd
Campbell River BC V9W 1S2