The Campbell River and District Adult Care Society is currently seeking persons to fill the following positions:
JOB TITLE: Bus Driver - Temporary Full Time
BENCHMARK MATCH: Transport 3
CLASSIFICATION GRID: C-4
SUPERVISOR: Nurse Administrator
HOURS OF WORK: 7.50 hours per day Monday to Friday
Operates a motor vehicle with a seating capacity of 11 to 25 which is modified to accommodate wheelchairs. Provides safe transportation of clients and staff to and from the Adult Care Facility. Performs routine inspection and maintenance duties on the bus and related equipment.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Transports clients to and from Adult Care Society by operating a motor vehicle with a seating capacity of 11 to 25, which is modified to accommodate wheelchairs.
- Sets up daily client pick-up schedule and bus routes.
- Assists program workers with loading & unloading of clients including assisting clients in wheelchairs by operating wheelchair lift. Ensures that passengers and equipment are safely harnessed when vehicle is in operation.
- Completes required documentation for submission to the Nurse Administrator.
- Maintain the cleanliness of interior and exterior of vehicle. Responsible for fueling vehicle when no passengers are on board.
- Responsible to bring to the Nurse Administrator’s attention when the vehicle requires servicing.
- Responsible for maintaining a proper level of First Aid Kit and other emergency equipment on board the bus.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Nurse Administrator.
- Must posses a valid BC Driver’s License - Class 4
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
Posting Closing Date: May 25, 2021
Apply in writing detailing why you should be the successful applicant to:
Campbell River & District Adult Care Society
12-142 Larwood Rd
Campbell River BC V9W 1S2